For some people, buying a house is as easy as A-B-C. Even you might think about this if you are planning to buy a home.
You just need to have the sufficient money to buy a house, look for one by yourself or with the help of a real estate agent and when you have found your dream home; you pay for it and finally move in with your family.
You need a lot of things to remember before you take out that money from your pocket.
You have to make sure that the house you will be buying is what you really want, if it is still in good condition and if the price is just right with the property that you want to purchase.
One of these things is to hire a qualified building inspector.
In Australia, particularly in the area of Perth, it is highly recommended to hire such kind of professional.
A property inspection expert or a professional building inspector (Registered Builder) will be the one to do all the assessment to assure you that you will be settling down in a house that is still conducive for residency.
This is actually just an option. But, it is an option that you shouldn’t overlook.
But, why is inspecting a property before buying a necessity or important? Here are some of the reasons:
- The exterior walls of the house in mind might be damaged or has significant cracking. In addition there are some things that you can’t see with your naked eye that a professional building inspector can spot even a few hundred yards away. Property inspections to homes in Perth is highly recommended since there were some complaints from home owners that the houses they have purchased in Perth have damaged parts including exterior walls and roof installations which have been proven to be dangerous.
- The foundation of the house can’t be seen by people like you. But, a building inspector can. He may not be able to examine the foundation directly, but, he has a system on how to determine if the groundwork of that certain property is tough or not. They will be able to spot some issues which may include cracks in it.
- Another reason why you need to hire a professional building inspector is to see to it that the garage door (if any) of that certain house is still working efficiently or not. A garage door can prove to be dangerous if it won’t open or is poorly mounted. For example, it’s the middle of the night and you got an emergency situation in your hands. Building inspectors can also check out the carport for proper construction. This is to ensure that there no structural issues with the construction, such as rusting supports or poorly fixed roof materials that maybe dislodged during inclement weather conditions.
- The roof is one of the most important parts of the house and it should be carefully inspected by a professional building inspector before you decide to buy and move in. Water might get through your house when there is heavy downpour of rain if there are loose or missing tiles on the roof. The roof framing also needs inspecting to ensure it has been constructed to meet building codes in force at the time of construction or when new additions and works altering the roof components have been carried out.
- It is always said that if there are any problems with the electrical system of your house, you need to call a professional electrician. Just the same, to ensure that the house wherein you’re planning to move in has safe electrical system, you also need to hire a professional building inspector. Remember, just like when you are talking about your health, prevention is better than cure. The building inspector is the “prevention” and the electrician is the “cure”. Although the electrician can also be your “prevention”. But why hire two before moving in when you can hire just one, right?
- Most homeowners’ concern is the plumbing system of the house. Before you move in and got caught in the middle of the night with a flooded home because of a faulty plumbing system, hire a professional building inspector to see to it that your pipes and drainage are all in good condition. The inspector also has the ability to identify the location of the property’s water shutoff valve.
There are still a lot more reasons why you need to hire a property inspection specialist and these reasons include inspecting the appliances especially those that can be found in the kitchen.
That is, if the house you are about to purchase is fully furnished. The inspector can inspect the laundry room and what about the fire safety of the house? That is the most important thing that home inspectors should look into.
Yes, there are many reasons why you should hire such professional but there is only one reason why you need to directly get assistance in hiring one from Housecalls.net.au and that’s because they are the leading property inspector in Perth.
Read our “10 Tips to Choosing an Inspector” and be even better prepared.