Building Under Construction Inspection Services available for Perth!
With the building project approaching the halfway stage it is important to ensure the roof structure has been correctly built; Has restraint (roof tie-down) strapping been correctly positioned, fixed and tensioned? Has all required roof framing been properly installed and secured? Are roof penetrations (vent flumes) correctly installed? These and many other items relating to the roof completion are viewed during our “Roof Completion (Roof Watertight)” inspection.
“When we build, let us think that we build for ever.” – John Ruskin
The roof frame structure not only supports the roof covering material it also suspends the ceiling materials and any poorly constructed ceiling joist framing can lead to future problems with possible excess cracking in the ceiling material joints and along the cornice lines. Housecalls inspectors look for, and will highlight any areas for concern to minimalize future issues.
Our inspections cover:
– Wall head perimeter restraint strapping and tensioning
– Tie-down rods securing and positioning
– Under purlin to strut ties
– Under purlin to rafter ties
– Rafter to Ridge ties
– Support beam steel – bearings and support
– Base timber plate to steel beams bolted
– Ceiling joist to hanging beam ties